Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

15 Minutes with Meghan featuring Laura



Urban Dictionary defines a "Jersey Girl" as a girl with 
"a love of an unpretentious good time, and a certain sense of style. 
Jersey girls are about attitude. 
They're about eating pizza, drinking beer, having great hair - and enjoying it all..
She's got a mouth on her. 
She says what she means. 
And she's got a nice, cheerful laugh..
Bottom line, all of them are sexy as hell." 
Although this definition is great one, 
Laura doesn't let anyone or anything define who she is. 
Born a Jersey girl living in Philly, she's got a mixture of sweet and sass. 
Here's an insider's look to get to know her.

M: It's your turn now!
L: "Good 'cause I'm ready for ya!"


M: When did you know you wanted to be a stylist?
L: "Well I want to say it was about 7 years ago. December 2005? I was just ready for a career change at that time in my life."


M: What inspires you?
L: "Honestly?...beautiful people. I know that might sound weird but they do. They inspire me all the time."


M: Who is your biggest role model?
L: "I absolutely love the Olsen sisters! And Gwen Stefani! They're all amazing."


M: Favorite time period?
L: "I love the 50's! I love the fashion and the hair. Oh, I also adore the 20's. Everything is just glamourous. I love, love, love the hair! The short, finger waves. I just adore the short, classy flapper girl style. And the music. Everything!"

M: Favorite fashion trend?
L: "Anything bohemian. I really like the gypsy, tribal style. The hair, jewlery, and clothes. It's just effortless."

M: Least favorite fashion trend?
L: "Ripped up stockings! Ugh! It just isn't flattering. Anything Ke$ha or Miley Cyrus inspired. It just isn't my thing."

M: Favorite hair trend?
L: "I'm in love with beach hair; the waves. It goes with the whole bohemian thing."


M: Least favorite hair trend?
L: "Probably reverse ombre. I'm just not really feeling it."


M: Favorite Bumble and Bumble product?
L: "Ooohh this is a tough one!...I'd probably have to say grooming cream and surf spray! You can use them seperate or cocktail them together. I just really like them!"

M: What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?
L: "Aw man, really Meg?" (laughs...)
M: Oh come on (laughs)
L: "Oh God, okay. I'd have to say honest and positive...and adventorous? I mean, I try to be! (laughs..)
M: (laughs) That's all that matters!









No comments:

Post a Comment